Parkinson’s Disease Community
Do Tremors in Parkinson's come and go?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Do Tremors in Parkinson's come and go?

I have lately been having tremors, they are not at rest that I have noticed so I ruled the threat of Parkinson's out the door till just awhile ago I must have been in REM sleep or something else but My foot jerked 3 times, and I awoke, than  again as I was getting back to sleep, and then a 3rd time, as I was yet again getting back to sleep. I am worried and a bit concerned cause I believe that Parkison's tremor when at rest is constant and wont just go away cause of a jerk or anything of the sort. The thing I am wondering is if The tremor comes and goes or Is my thought right if at rest the tremor should be there? I have been lost about this for awhile. Please let me know.
I don't have Parkinson's, but due to my weird neurological symptoms I have done a lot of research on Parkinson's.  One thing that I have read is that tremors tend to go away when you are sleeping.  If you are just sitting in a chair or idle, then you will tremor, but when the brain is sleeping you don't tremot.  The one blessing I guess from the horrible disease!  It sounds like you have Myclonus jerks, which I get as well.  This can happen for so many reasons according to the neurologist.  Especially stress!  I would say if it continues to go to a neurologist and talk to him about the symptoms.  Good luck!
ty302,
   Thank you for clarifying this. I have had tremors amongst several other Parkinson's type symptoms, for over a year now. I have been given several diagnosis such as; a familial tremor, benign tremor, dystonia, anxiety, depression, and my favorite, A PSEUDO SEIZURE! I am sure there are more I am leaving out. My first onset of tremors was so intense I ended up in the ER. My tremoring stopped when I fell asleep but started as soon as the doctor woke me again. Because I did not tremor while asleep he insisted that the tremor was psychological. This is a normal pattern for me. As a matter of fact my tremoring  is worst when I first wake up.

Due to not having insurance I have yet to see a Neurologist. It is frustrating because I am experiancing the same symptoms that my Father suffered  from for years before he finally got a proper diagnosis. However due to my age and being a female no doctor will seriously consider that it may be Parkinson's Disease. Any advice about this would be greatly appreciated.
I can relate I went for years just listening to what the doctors said because they have the degree... 8 years have past since my diagnosis and I do not think that way anymore.  I have learned that you have to find a Doctor that you are comfortable with. That truley listens and cares. The biggest thing with PD is that there is not 1 simple test that can diagnosis someone. So my suggestion is to keep a very detailed journal as to when your symptoms appear, include every thing that is going on with your body PD is much more than just a tremor. keep track of  were under any kind of stress, if you are tired, what ate. and lastly do see a  Neurologist or Movement Specialist they are trained to think outside the box. Good Luck and God Bless.