Parkinson’s Disease Community
Full-bodied tremors
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Full-bodied tremors

My father was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's.  He has the left-side weakness and hand tremors, he has difficulty swallowing, depression, nightmares, muscle cramps, etc.  All of these things I have read about online.  One thing, however, that has my mother concerned is that in his sleep he has full-bodied, quite violent tremors that shake the whole bed and last from 5 to 10 minutes.  They happen a few times a night, and are seizure-like.  Is this just another symptom of Parkinson's?