Parkinson’s Disease Community
Levodopa

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Levodopa

I just discovered that Levodopa can suddenly drop blood pressure. My dad is taking it on a trial basis. He has had orthostatic bp issues in the past-and it seems as if the levodopa is causing it again. His MD office is closed. How harmful would it be for him to suddenly stop taking it.? He is currently having sudden headaches and dizziness and sudden low bp issues.
  It wouldnt be safe to discontinue it unless medically directed. Some of the side effects you described can occur from that medication. It would be important to see if they remain the same, improve or worsen. If anything happens where you might need to speak to the doctor sooner try paging them or see if they have any other way they can be reached if they need to be contacted immediatly. Also you can speak to the pharmacist where the medication was prescribed.