Parkinson’s Disease Community
Muscle cramps
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle cramps

I am a 47 year old female  with young onset Parkinsons, with symptoms for about 9 years and only correctly diagnosed for 2 years In the last two months, I have noticed increasing tingling in my limbs,most particularly in my left arm. I am being evaluated for DBS, and the neurologist is currently trying me on Amantadine, and then taking away Mirapex, and I also take Stalevo. My question is this, I have lately been experiencing muscle cramps on the decreased Mirapex,which make me have to stop whatever I am doing and sit down because the affected limb feels too weak to support me.  The neurologist is attempting to add Amantadine, my mirapex dose was last changed about 3 weeks ago,if the amantadine is effective he will try a different dopamine agonist and also try to adjust the stalevo for increased effectiveness.  The question is,are these cramps related to medication changes or Parkinsons or a vitamin?  I do not plan to change my regimen without my MD s permission,but I am curious.  Thank you nlf3481