Parkinson’s Disease Community
Muscle cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Muscle cramps

I am a 47 year old female  with young onset Parkinsons, with symptoms for about 9 years and only correctly diagnosed for 2 years In the last two months, I have noticed increasing tingling in my limbs,most particularly in my left arm. I am being evaluated for DBS, and the neurologist is currently trying me on Amantadine, and then taking away Mirapex, and I also take Stalevo. My question is this, I have lately been experiencing muscle cramps on the decreased Mirapex,which make me have to stop whatever I am doing and sit down because the affected limb feels too weak to support me.  The neurologist is attempting to add Amantadine, my mirapex dose was last changed about 3 weeks ago,if the amantadine is effective he will try a different dopamine agonist and also try to adjust the stalevo for increased effectiveness.  The question is,are these cramps related to medication changes or Parkinsons or a vitamin?  I do not plan to change my regimen without my MD s permission,but I am curious.  Thank you nlf3481
Hi, I'm a 58 year old active female who has been searching for over 15 years to find out what exactly is wrong with me and then to find a correct treatment for the condition.....which is worsening!

I took Stalevo for a few months.  I developed muscle cramps, weakess, and tender joints.  I seem to have similar, if not worse symptoms to anything I have been prescribed.....when it has any effect at all, that is. I've tried all the usual medications.

I'm very discouraged and see no way out of this horrible, horrible pain I am in 24/7.  I was an athlete up until a few years ago and since I have not been able to do the activities I used to do.  

I do not consider myself "depressed" as yet, but I believe I'm close.