Neurologist or specialist?
My grandmother has been seeing her neurologist for pd.  he does not specialize in this disease and also saw my grandpa when he was alive. He died from Alzheimer's. I have been caring for my grandma for the last 3 year and trying to convince her to see a specialist. She had a apt with her doc on this passed Friday and he recommends she go see a specialist now! FINALLY

My question is....will the specialist be able to do better then her neurologist? She takes carbidopa/levodopa 3 half pills and 2 whole per day, azilect
Azilect once a day, and doxepin before bed!

She doesn't want brain surgery because she is 81 and fears as will die.
  Yes a specialist (generally in regards to Parkinson's the specific type would be a movement disorders specialist) would be the best option at this point. There are still more options as regards treatment. To my knowledge the carbidopa/levodopa regimen is generally thought of as the most effective but there are other options as regards medications to augment it but only a clinician would understand this in full but it would be essential to discuss this with the specialist. Also unfortunately Parkinson's is degenerative and over time becomes less responsive to treatment but you could discuss this with them as well. Agencies such as the National Parkinson's Foundation could be quite helpful at providing general information and also have suppport groups as well.