Parkinsons & Depakote
My husband is on 2000mg of depakote what effect would it have on Parkinsons?
  Yes it appears that at times that Depakoate can cause a Parkinson's like reaction that is reversible (that is seperate from Parkinson's itself). It would also depend on what it is being prescribed for in its primary use as it also can treat agitation from Parkinson's. The full information should be in the P.D.R. (Physician's Desk Reference) and you could then discuss that with the doctor that is treating him. However as Depakoate has many medically neccessary reasons for its use its essential to not make any changes before speaking to the doctor. Also this concern doesn't always occur.
  The best thing to do with concerns in regards to side effects of medications he already takes and how they would interact with Parkinson's and what medications would  be the most helpful for Parkinson's would be to see a neurologist who is a trained movement disorders specialist.
Thank you for your input. My husband had a appt: with his neurologist  but they cancelled 2 times so now i have to try for appt: #3.He takes Depakote for his bipolar & has just been put on paxil for depression.So I'll just have to wait to talk to his Dr. thank you again