Parkinson's Disease
Can Seroquel cause Parkinson's to progress? Also, I have no feelings from my waist down and my left hand is very numb.  I walk but I have problems when I do. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's month's ago and I find it hard to write and type like I used to.  I am only 46 years old.  What can I expect from this Disease?

Thank you,
Colleen
Seroquel can cause tardive dyskinesia (which I have in advanced form) which is clinically similar to Parkinson's Disease so doctors would use it with caution as with any other antipsychotic in a person with Parkinson's. If its treating psychosis caused by the standard dopamine boosting medications (Carbo-Dopa, Levo Dopa) one option that would not cause tardive dyskinesia or worsen Parkinson's but does treat psychosis from Parkinson's (but is not a standard antipsychotic and has only slight use as an adjunct for schizophrenia) is Zofran which is in clinical study for Parkinson's Disease, psychosis from Parkinson's and in myself the criteria in clinical study tardive psychosis (which is similar to Parkinsonian psychosis). Ask your neurologist about it and as for antipsychotics it depends whether you need them for a psychotic disorder (in which case Clozaril is one option that won't cause tardive dyskinesia or worsen Parkinson's) or whether they are treating psychosis caused by the medications that treat Parkinson's (in which case a trained movement disorders specialist would know about Zofran). Parkinson's Disease unfortunately will worsen with age but there an increasing number of treatment options. One option that can be taken under the supervision of a neurologist that is a natural remedy in clinical study which I take is the natural remedy rhodiola (google "The Rhodiola Revolution"). Only a neurologist can make conclusive decisions as regards treatment but I would suggest seeing a trained movement disorders specialist in your area. I've highly benefited from one.