Parkinson’s Disease Community
Parkinson's at age 23?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Parkinson's at age 23?

For the past 10 days my body has had constant tremors in both hands, jaw, and my head. These tremors are barely noticeable. I've also felt fatigued and lower back pain along with muscle twitching. I do suffer from extreme anxiety and two days before this started happening i started my medication of 20mg celexa which i stopped taking 4 days ago. I'm not sure if these are side effects of the medication or if it's something else like PD. Please help me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
585414_tn?1288944902
   Celexa can cause short term movement disorders and some of the other side effects such as you described. You should discuss it with the doctor who prescribed it. The short term movement disorders (extra pyramidal side effects     is what they are known as and are common with some psychiatric medications) can be treated with a side effect pill or if there are further concerns adjusted or changed to another medication within a doctor's discretion if they determine this is what is happening. It would also be worthwhile to discuss available options with them to treat what the primary concern was because if the medication was discontinued what it was used to treat will as well.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...