Symptomology and Brain MRI results
I am diagosed with REM sleep disorder, treated with some success by Clonapen.  I am lost much of my sense of smell and taste.  I suffer with chronic depression and fatigue.  Although the recent results of a neuropsychological eval were "normal," I feel cognitive issues including fogginess, memory impairments, lack of organization, difficulty with word recall, etc.  A recent brain MRI disclosed "tiny nonspecific foci within the subcortical and deep white matter of the frontal and parietal lobes bilaterally.

A holistic doctor has diagnosed me with with heavy metal poisoning and adrenal fatigue, for which I am being treated with many supplements.  I am not experiencing many movement issues except for some mild to moderate hand twitching which increases when I get anxious or stressed.  Sometimes I catch myself weaving when I walk, cut corners too sharp, etc.  I am in the process of making an appt with a movement disorders specialist at Univ of Penn, waiting to hear back from them.  

What is the likelihood that I am in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease?  Can anything else explain my symptomology?  I don't want to believe that this could simply be major depression, but I know it could.  As early as four years ago I was pretty healthy.  I am now 54 and rarely have a good day.  Sick of being sick and tired.  Any insights appreciated!!!