Parkinson’s Disease Community
Symptoms Worrying Me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Symptoms Worrying Me

I am 43 years old. I have developed some symptoms that have me puzzled. About 5 months ago, my teeth started chattering. It was only once in a while at first. Now, it's pretty much all of the time. I haven't noticed anything that lessens it or makes it stop. I also have sleeping difficulties. My legs won't settle down, so I toss and turn for 2-4 hours before I can finally fall asleep. I'm started stuttering and my short-term memory is totally shot.

After reading a bit about Parkinson's, I believe that my Mother and my grandfather both had undiagnosed Parkinson's. They would both have a hard time standing up- saying that they needed to "jump start" their legs in order to move. My Mom would rock back and forth for several minutes before standing up. Then she would freeze up while walking, and start shaking her leg, trying to make it go.

I saw my general doctor, and he has referred me to a neurologist, although it will be January before I get in. Everything I've read is telling me that I have Parkinson's. I would like another opinion, and thought that perhaps somebody in this forum had similar symptoms in the beginning. It is important to note that I do not have any tremors (other than the jaw/teeth chattering). I don't have the rigidity or slow movements that all of the resource material I have read talks about.

I hate waiting until January to figure this out. Any comments, suggested reading, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.
I noticed last night the "pill rolling" behavior as well.
The pill rolling in parkinsons is classed as a tremor