Parkinson’s Disease Community
Tingling/Twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Tingling/Twitching

I've been having this very strong tingling and throbbing sensation in my feet for almost a month and a half now. This has also been accompanied by muscle spasms and a single big twitch that jumps all over my body. This morning I woke up to a constant twitch in my left pinky finger and palm. I'm also feeling this "pulling/stretching" pain behind my knees and in my left tricep muscle. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder so worrying about this has been causing me non-stop panic attacks. I am just wondering if this is a sign of worse things to come such as Parkinsons or something of the sort or if this could be just damaged nerves in my back. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • muscle pain (6 replies):
    I was diagnosed with PD at age 65 in 2003, my PD tremor ...[more]
Hi IllWill.  

While I do not usually suffer panic attacks, I have been experiencing twitching in my fingers and feet when rested for the last two months.  They started as occasional small quivers but tremors have increased in consistency and are now in my arms and legs in certain places when rested.  I am confused as to whether it is just due to external stressors and the lack of stimulation associated with not working, or whether it could be the onset of Parkinson's Disease.  My father was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's and although I am fairly young, I fear years of partying could be the reason for a possible early onset.  My doctor, upon my request prescribed me some light relaxants, but told me I am far too young for Parkinson's and I hope he is right.  However, Michael J Fox got it at 29, the same age I am now.  I would like to know if there is another likely reason for this tremor issue and how to treat it.  Some say its just Im overthinking stressful aspects of my life and that it's simply a nervous reaction.  Again, I hope they are right.  

If anyone has experienced and overcome something such as this, please let me know as I would love to know how.  I hope I am merely a paranoid fool and not a new Parkinson's sufferer.

Any advice would be hugely helpful.  Thank you!