Parkinson’s Disease Community
dyskenesia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dyskenesia

about l'dopa induced dyskenesia:  is it reversible? if i shave off my l'dopa just enough to lesen some dyskenisia but keep reducing pd symptoms, will that protect my fuure somewhat.. or do i just wait until dysk. gets worse and go from there?
Related Discussions
585414_tn?1288944902
You are in a difficult situation because although these medications for Parkinson's are neccessary this is one long term side effect and it is not reversible. As a person with tardive dyskinesia (clinically related) I have found the medication Zofran and the natural remedy rhodiola, both from clinical studies used mainly on Parkinson's to be helpful. With myself I had the rare oppurtunity to change to an antipsychotic agent that didn't cause tardive dyskinesia. With Parkinsons's I don't believe among the primary medications used for it that all contain L-Dopa there is much of a choice. If you lower it, the primary symptoms of Parkinsons' will return but unfortunately as in any medication that can cause dyskinesias that can be masked by changing dosages but will never go away.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...