Parkinson’s Disease Community
pain and Parkinson
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain and Parkinson

I really want to ask you about pain, but they had no topic for it. Does anyone''s legs and feet hurt until it makes walking very difficult? It seems to go along with balance. I don't really need a cane yet, but I can see it and a walker in my future. Sleep well, Texas Grannie
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi ya,
hopre you have had some relief from the pain by now, but in  answer to your question, my dad, (PD for 30 yrs) suffers from terrible pain in his forearms and when really bad, all over, which is worse when his parkinsons is worse (if you know what I mean).  At first he took simple painkillers and is now on stronger stuff.  Make sure you tell the doctors about the pain and hopefully they can give you something to help.  There is definitely an assosciation between pain and parkinsons' disease.
ps once pain was under control - other symptoms improved too....as did appetite and mobility.  Good luck, Texas Grannie :)
Blank
Hey, I just now saw your note. Thanks for answering. I am hurting much less. My doctor put me on Cymbalta which is not only a tranquilizer but for nerve pain. It really helps. It is also very high. How is your Dad? He has had PD for 30 years, I don't think I have that much time left since I am 75. I hope you and your dad are doing well. Texas Grannie
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...