Parkinson’s Disease Community
parkinsons stage 2 with pain & radiating down arm with tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

I have stage 2 parkinsons I am 54 and I was told I had this when i was 51. I have had a lot  of issues with this and of course rigidity and the stiffness is huge. I am fatigue, sleep is a not. Tremors are sort of controled. However I have had my medication for this cut back. Since the day I was told I had this, I have been through 5 doctors and each time one quits and they give me a new one. They the doctors have there own feelings and my meds get played with. This time the Knew doctor I have feels I have been on too much meds, and for the last 8 months has been cutting them back. Let me just say it has been hell. I have gone from 2 sinement 25/100X 2 of them 5 times a day, zelpar once a day, requip 4mg X5 down to 1 sinement 4x a day and requip 4 mg X 4 times a day. The tremors are worse but I am not allowed to take any till the required time. What I am seeing at this time is dystonia, and alot of movement with my body that I cannot control and weakness on the left with tremor that was not there before.

second I have huge pain in the cervical area C4= through to L-1 with numbness, tingling and radiating down my arms into my fingers with weakness.

Is the doctor on the right path with the first question and the second I have had PT, traction all to causing more pain and the pain has increased to a 10 from a 3 I saw my Primary as the orth Doctor I have an appointment this week, his nurse would not see me sooner. My primary said if no better he will put me in if I cannot get the pain controlled.
Help I am being told the right things and if not what should I do. Today they gave me more pain meds and the medrol pack that is not liking Parkie(Parkinsons)

Signed------ Help
Hello dreamer,

I am female, 58, and diagnosed 11 years ago.  PD is not fun...but I am managing very well, and life is good.  For me number one is to find a good doctor, one you feel secure with.  My doctor (Dr. Richard Dubinsky, MD., MPH, FAAN in Kansas City, MO) listens to me and my body first and foremost.  We control my symptoms  together, make decisions on medications together...and the results keep me active and happy doing things I love, such as gardening, sewing, my own house work, my own cooking.  I also have a deep love for photography that I still play with daily, tho some changes had to be implemented, needless to say.

Basically I do anything I want to do.  And I find lots of exercise...tho that does get tricky thanks to loss of balance.  Yoga and stretching works well for me.  And staying positive is a must!

Would love to correspond with you!
candi_denton***@****

Here's to a great day,
Candi in Kansas
I too have was diagnosed with Parkinson's when I was 55, I have a wonderful Neurologist and was blessed to have the DBS surgery which helped with the tremors but not all the other issues that come along with Parkinson's, Exercise and positive attitude is the answer, but Parkinson
s has effected my mind as well, I have cognitive issues apathy as well. I never knew this would go along with all the other issues. I hope you find a Dr that will help instead of hurt.