Parkinson’s Disease Community
rubberband tendons........

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

rubberband tendons........

i am 34 years old white male whos been in two major wrecks and have fallen off a couple of roofs in the past 10 yrs while working and had an incident where i ingested anti-freeze due to an accident my question is with all these said things that happened to me and my symptoms im having now is bizarre i have been taking flexeril 10 mg 3 times a day which is a muscle relaxer.
the doctor im seeing has been in pain management for over 50 yrs i when i try to describe to him what the pain is im having he shots toward Parkinson but i dont have the uncontrolled shakes and what-not what im having is intense muscle tightening in my legs and arms and neck along with my achiles tendons and the main tendons in my inner thighs that lead to the groin area along with pulsing down my left leg they have checked me for fibromyalgia,arthritis,my kidneys my liver my blood for all kinds of things at night i toss and turn and sleep in the fetal position i wake up in the fetal position with arms at my chest and hands clinched closed so tight i cant open them my elbow ache my knees ache my ankles ache my hips my neck.
the other night i went to bed and was trying to sleep but couldnt due to my neck clinching up so tight it felt as if it was being drawn backwards from the clinching.
i was put on arthotec about 4 yrs ago for arthritis in my hands and forced to quit work due to company doctor orders.
it has me and the doc both puzzled and any info or input would be great-full.
Tags: nerves
Have you had the ANA blood test?  If not, demand it.  It will tell you if you have a disesease such as Lupus.

You have some symptoms of what I called my "mystery illness" for years which now appears to be early-onset parkinson's not figured out by the doctor but my husband with vast medical knowledge and lots of our own research.

I tested positive for mono in my 20s.  Then Epstein Barr Virus, then Chronic Fatigue (which I didn't believe was a disease) in my 20s.  I was a highly motivated active person always on the go.  Accident prone. Bad tension headaches that always lasted 3 days and caused vomiting---would go to emergency room for relief sometimes.

As the years went on I declined.  Started having all these strange mystery pains all over.  Didn't travel in a line.  Would appear in one place disappear then appear somewhere else.  Crazy!  Had cat scans, mris...Neurologist said, "You look fine to me."

Symptoms of extreme "toothache-like pain" in upper thighs and pelvic region would last for hours or days or weeks.  Too many symptoms to describle.  Felt like a knife would stab me anywhere or needles or tingling. Then fainting spells started.  Extreme sweating and nausea.  If I didn't lie flat quick I would vomit or faint.  

Saw few docs nobody knew anything.  Finally found one that did different bloodtests than most, specifically Interleukin 8.  Normal range 0 - 70.  Mine over 4,000.  Finally a doc that believed me and was trying to help.  No luck.  Lots of abnormal results but no help.  Wanted to send me to Mayo.  I didn't go.

All symptoms increased at night when I tried to relax.  Felt like I was not lying on pillow---felt like I was holding my head up in air.

Next, internal trembling in entire body started.  My husband could feel it even if I was asleep.  PROOF!   This is now 18 years or so after initial mono diagnosis that the trembling starts.  Now not just pain was waking me up but trembling.  Thought I would go crazy.  Lasted a year before I saw another doctor.  I literall could not sleep for more than minutes at a time for almost a year.  Nothing worked.  Tried ambien, benedryl, melatonin, all natural cures---nothing.

My husband figured out it was parkinson's based on one specific symptom---"ratcheting."  I never bothered to tell him because I didn't think it was important.  When I bend over, my back doesn't feel smooth.  It feels like it "starts and stops."  You can do a test.  Hold out your arms.  Turn your wrists in a circle.  Is it smooth or "ratcheting?"  

10 mg of diazepam caused muscles to relax and able to sleep 2 or 3 hours in a row.  This help has saved my sanity though I am still suffering greatly.  My doctor refuses to increase the dose, which my husband feels would greatly improve the quality of my life.

I don't drink.  I don't smoke.  I eat healthy.  I get exercise.  Some days I am fine one minute and collapsing the next.  Rarely do I feel normal but cherish those moments.  I never give up.  I do hard housework and yardwork.  Some days I can't sit up or do laundry.  On the days I can, I do.

I wouldn't rule out Parkinson's.  But I would research the drugs before you take any.

One similarity I see is that you said you were poisoned with anitfreeze.  I believe that when I would flea-dip my dog and it got on me I was probably being poisoned.  Plus I have bug-sprayed the house for years not thinking about poisoning myself.  Plus I cleaned a relative's mouse droppings infested house in my early 30's.

I don't know what else to tell you.  Just that you are not crazy and doctors are rarely correct in all things.  Some don't even take the time to read a list of signs and symptoms you give them or listen to the patient who surely knows himself the best.

If you don't like a doctor, find another one.  They work for you.  If not for the patient, they would not have an income.  Some forget that.

Question?  Is ratcheting the clicking sound?

I just posted a question on the forum about my symptoms.
I also do the pill rolling thing for years.

Thanks.
Kerri
Ratcheting is a "feeling" not a sound in my case.  Hold your arms out and make a fist---turn your fist in a circle---is it smooth or does it feel like it starts and stops?  Have you been diagnosed with Parkinsons?  How old are you.  Was your first symptom "pill rolling?"  I don't have that and am not looking forward to it.   Hang in there.