Parkinson’s Disease Community
sepsis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sepsis

Does sepsis have lasting bad affects? fatigue, light headness
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1127040_tn?1289722262
Sepsis is usually a serious condition and should be taken care by professional medical staff.. and yes, sepsis can have lasting bad affects if its not treated in time.. but after a successful treatment (and elimination of underlying cause) you should be back to normal.
Blank
Yes it does, fatigue, pain, inflammation, frequent infection, dizzy, low blood pressure, GI issues.  Studies have bee done.  Search sepsis survivors, a long term study was done in MI, and another in Germany.  Most doctors don't understand and don't take it seriously.  I've been told that Duke Hospital has a program and I'm trying to get help after having chronic issues for almost 6 years.  Most doctors don't understand and will not take you seriously unless you find one that has studied the long term impact.  Good luck to you, try to get help as soon as possible.  
Blank
Sepsis will last forever if you don't get treated.  I had septic shock and sepsis in 2006, then sepsis again in 2011 (from an untreated abcess (abscess), and apparently there are more).  There is a doctor at Cleveland Clinic that has written papers on it and he is an infectious disease doctor, not all ID doctors treat it, but it must be treated for months!  Check out your blood cell counts, if you have high WBC, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, and other abnormalities, you still have infection! I have found it gets worse as time passes, you will lose weight and feel sicker and thinner.  Get help fast, you will at minimum need IV Antibiotics.  Most doctors don't identify it as an issue and will try to give you antidepressants (like you would be happy when you can barely move).  Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...