Parkinson’s Disease Community
shortage of breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

shortage of breath

ny husband has had Parkinsons for 23 yrs and over the past few months is experiencing shortage of breath mainly when he is lying down, it was so bad the other night he asked me to hold his hand as he thought he was going to take his last breath. He has had his heart tested and that is fine but like many of yr comments his consultant says it cant be Parkinsons as he has never heard of this happening,
I find it very strange that so many consultants are it can't be PD yet I can see a lot of people on this forum who have the same problem. I feel like I have hit a brick wall and dont know how to help