Parkinson’s Disease Community
tremors after surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tremors after surgery

Had ACDF C5. C6, C7 feb 2010, 2 months after surgery still had pain, numbness & tingling in right hand, but now head tremors and right hand tremors when I write, lift or even eat. ,It's been almost 2 years now, I've been seen by 3 Neuosurgeons, 2 Orthopedics, 5 Neurologists and other doctors trying to find out why I now have tremors. They all are part of the same health group insurance and, one doctor said he believes something happened during the surgery. I have had 8 MRI's checking for anything including MS. They are now saying..I have an essential tremor or Parkinsonism. They tried many different medications and most make you so tired that you can't function. I had one doctor tell me, you may just have to take the meds and loose a couple days sleeping a week to help with the pain and tremors. I got off all except cymbolta and that really is not helping, it helps the depression, but just makes me groggy.  I can't pick anything up that weighs over 8 lbs without my head tremors and I can only hold items for short periods of time. I still drop things, some days I have problems buttoning, writing my name, & even eating. Husband has to cut food for me, if I try I get tremors. I have learned to control some of the tremors in my head but the hand/arm weakness and hand tremors. If I walk on uneven surfaces, I will start the head tremors.Is there anyone else out here that has tremors now?