tremors after surgery
Had ACDF C5. C6, C7 feb 2010, 2 months after surgery still had pain, numbness & tingling in right hand, but now head tremors and right hand tremors when I write, lift or even eat. ,It's been almost 2 years now, I've been seen by 3 Neuosurgeons, 2 Orthopedics, 5 Neurologists and other doctors trying to find out why I now have tremors. They all are part of the same health group insurance and, one doctor said he believes something happened during the surgery. I have had 8 MRI's checking for anything including MS. They are now saying..I have an essential tremor or Parkinsonism. They tried many different medications and most make you so tired that you can't function. I had one doctor tell me, you may just have to take the meds and loose a couple days sleeping a week to help with the pain and tremors. I got off all except cymbolta and that really is not helping, it helps the depression, but just makes me groggy.  I can't pick anything up that weighs over 8 lbs without my head tremors and I can only hold items for short periods of time. I still drop things, some days I have problems buttoning, writing my name, & even eating. Husband has to cut food for me, if I try I get tremors. I have learned to control some of the tremors in my head but the hand/arm weakness and hand tremors. If I walk on uneven surfaces, I will start the head tremors.Is there anyone else out here that has tremors now?
Hi Cathy, I've never done this before so here goes, I had major back surgery 5 years ago and now have been diagnosed with Parkinson's last year.
I had acdf surgery and decompression surgery for chiari malformation and after that my tremors were worse and my neurosurgeon said it was Parkinson's and I went to 3 drs before I found one that did a DATSCAN and confirmed Parkinson's and now I am looking at getting deep brain stimulation