Parkinson’s Disease Community
what are the symptoms of parkinsons disease
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what are the symptoms of parkinsons disease

What are the initial signs of parkinsons disease
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
one of the first signs of Parkinsons that my dad had was his 'Loss of Sense of Smell'.
Blank
198747_tn?1222568156
My brother in law recent dx of parkinsons also had loss of smell for three months prior to dx.  Is this is fast paced disease.  I know there is no cure as of yet.  It sure is a bad thing to get.  I know things could be worse though.  Thanks
Blank
Can parkinson's disease cause crampin and stiffness in the hands?
Blank
My first symptoms of PD were toe curling in my right foot when I excercise (sort of like a cramp) and my right arm not swinging when I walk. I also had some shaking but my dr. doesn't think that is PD related. I also speak softly and have bad handwriting but that is nt new for me.

I am not 100% convinced I have PD (which is why I am here) but my doctor is. I am only 47 which is young but not totally unheard of. I have been on Azliect and trying diifferent other drugs like requip and Mirapex, both of which make me tired and nauseous. Requip XL does nnot habe those side effects but it is very expensive and not covered by my insurance.
Blank
You could have what they call Dystonia, which is what you have described. After many years of your symptoms i went to the Mayo Clinic and was DX with Dystonia and mild parkinsons. Check out the Dystonia with your Dr.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...