2 yr ol high bp
Hello, i am conserned and really need some insight . My daughter is 2 yrs old and has vlcadd (fatty oxidation disorder) and they think it is mild form which doesnt have cardiac involvment but she has been having really high bp readings. First check was at her routine RSV shot that she gets at the hospital every month and there machine kept saying high results 140/80, 143/97 it was so high that they assumed that something was wrong with the machine so a couple of days later i took her to her peds doc and had them check it and again it was in the 140/80 range and the second one they di was 130/76 which is still high. Ok, soooo i took her in to get it checked again over the weekend and it was 115/75 and one more check on monday was 95/74 . Should i be conserned and start checking her regularly ???? She has a bp check at the cardiologist in the morning.
Hello and welcome to our site. I'm sorry but there is no way that I can really answer your question. There can be many reasons for the BP being so high. I see you woulld have seen the pediatric cardiologist yesterday, how did that appointment go? We do have a Pediatric Cardiology Expert Forum on this site as well where pediatric cardiologists from CHOP will answer questions for families; there may be a small fee involved for this.
Thank you , yes we did and he isnt sure why she had such high bp so we are just supposed to monitor it a couple times a week and keep record of it for now:)
Hello again, Keep us posted about your daughter; we are all still learning about the children on this site! :)