Pediatric Cardiology Community
ASD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

ASD

My 2 year old has 2 tiny asd holes. The options I see are the following:

1. Catheter
2. Traditional Heart Surgery
3. Robotic Heart Surgery

Does anyone have experiences or thoughts on the above? Thank you.
Hello and welcome to our site. If your son has two 'tiny' holes perhaps they are closing and you may not have to have anything done at all. Have the pediatric cardiologists approached you about having surgery?
They say to monitor until 2 were due for a checkup soon
Hi there according to my son's cardiologist as well as another, he has a small ASD as well.. he had it fixed surgically (he had other issues at the time so when they did the open heart surgery they figured they might as well fix it since they were in there. they stitched it.) that surgery wasn't a success as far as the ASD he still has it... he is having some issues, and they talked about going in through a cath. and fixing it (open heart surgery isn't worth it) once they talked about it they said it was small and that if they went in there that there was a chance they could do more damage to his hole then if they left it alone.. it hasn't changed since he was born and he is 7 years old... I didn't want to take a risk for his sake... he isn't in any type of heart failure so we are just letting it go..
I hope it will close on its own...
good luck
Michelle