Abnormal ECG
Hello.  My son will be 5 in a couple weeks.  I remember that the docs have always told me he had a functional murmur, but to keep an eye on it.  Last check-up my doc said he has a grade 3/6 over the 2nd intercoastal on rt. side.  My son has complained two times over the last few months that he was short of breath.  My doctor referred me to a pediatric cardiologist and told me to restrict his activity.  We couldn't get in with the pc for a month and a 1/2, so he ordered an echo and ecg.  We had those done today.  The ECG tech left the room and I looked at his ECG and it said abnormal ecg with sinus arythmia and probable rvh.  If I remember correctly, his rate was 64-90 with a v rate variation greater than 10%.  I managed to write down upright t in v1 or v2.  I realize you're not my doctor, we will see one shortly and hear the test results soon.  As you can imagine, I am mortified with the thought of my healthy, active child suddenly being plagued with a heart problem.  Is it possible this could be benign?  Thank you very much for your time.
Your son may have a problem. RVH usually stands for Right Ventricular Hypertrophy which means the walls are too thick. See the pediatric cardiologist.  
I agree see a cardiologist. as far as his innocent murmur is concerned, it can change for a few reasons, one being sick and a other is if he was very active prior to his exam. I hope all is well with him.My son use to have a 6/6 murmur then had to have surgery (from birth we knew his murmur wasn't innocent) and after his surgery it was a 1/6 maybe a 2/6 and now it is up to a 3/6 and they say that he is still okay as far as the murmur.
I will pray that things are okay with him
good luck
michelle
also his Hr seems to be within the normal limits for a person of his age.
michelle
Hello.  Thank you for your comments.  Fortunately, he has a completely healthy heart.  The tech messed up the ekg, the echo came back normal.  You would think she would have repeated it after getting such a reading!  Thanks again !
I don't know what the tech could have done to screw things up, the machines do all of the the work these days. But I do agree, the tech should have run a second EKG if there was a question. When they did my daughter's first EKG they thought the machine was broke and went and got a second machine. Unfortunetly the readings were the same.
I'm so sorry about your daughter.
Thank you.  At the moment she is doing fairly well with her transplanted heart. She's had 3 bouts of congestive heart failure with this transplanted heart so I am just keeping my fingers crossed nothing else happens to her!
I'm so happy she was able to get a transplanted heart!!   I pray her body becomes used to it and she becomes a healthy girl.