Pediatric Cardiology Community
Adult ASD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Adult ASD

I am a 40 year old that just found out 5 years ago I have a small ASD. I am tired all the time and I have frequent chest pain and pain in my arm. I had a possible small TIA, which was never confirmed. My ASD was never closed. Do I need it closed? My doctor says not to worry about stroke, but I do. Sometimes I have tingling in my arm or feet.  Sometimes tingling on the left side of my face with twinges of pain going to the top of my head. I don't know what to have checked or if it's just anxiety over the hole?I am constantly worried about the complications from non closure versus closure. I am constantly worried about it and it is causing anxiety. I also have hypothyroid and I'm in the grey area for Hoshimotos disease.......any advice. I'm tired of feeling bad. I want to stop the anxiety and enjoy my kids.
Tags: ASD