Bicuspid Aortic Valve/9 month old
My 9 month old son was diagnosed with bicuspid aortic valve disease today...I've done some research online but can't find the answers to my questions. How serious is this disease? How will it affect my son and his future? Are there restrictions..things he should do, shouldn't do..I am scared to death! I have no idea how to handle this..I've cried all day. Please someone help me and give me a little information. Thank you so much!
My son was born with a bicuspid aortic heart valve. He is now 19. He had a valve replacement (mechanical valve) at age 13, when the valve was struggling to function properly. Everything went well. I am certain your pediatric cardiologist will watch your son and let you know what should be done and when. My son thrived and had no restrictions on any actions. Please ask your cardiologist your questions. You should get the answers to help you through this. I am sure each child is different, but like I said, my son thrived and is still doing well.
HELLO, my son is 12 and and has a bicuspid aortic valve with aortic stenosis.  He does have restrictions but this is due to the stenosis part and not so much the bicuspid.  I'm sure by now you have seen a cardiologist and have found out more.  It is scary but don't worry he will be fine.  What has the Dr. said so far?