Pediatric Cardiology Community
Bradycardiac-slow heart beat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Bradycardiac-slow heart beat

Dear all, firstly from the bottom of my heart and soul, I thank you all the kind soul who has helped and tried to help me in whatever way, thank you.

Got a personal opinion and would like to seek all your advises and guidances, no obligation;
the heart main function is to pump blood to all parts of the body, if the heart rate is slow (bradycardiac), would it  improve the situation by improving the 'quality' of the blood by maybe taking heart healthy food that improve the oxygenation of the blood and the viscosity of it to improve flow?

Hello and welcome to our site. While it's important to eat a healthy diet, unfortunately, that does not help with increasing heart rates. Bradycardia can be caused by several things; everything from medications taken to something called Sick Sinus Syndrome where the primary source of electrical activity in the heart itself is damaged. Hope this helps.
Hi and a big thank you, is there anyway to improve the situation now...??thanks for looking into this
Hello again, You have not said what the heart rates are in your post and that is important to know. A pacemaker is probably the only 'fix' for a bradycardia problem and they will only insert a pacer for those who are symptomatic or are at risk for a sudden death event. Is this your child who has bradycardia? And if so, have you seen a pediatric cardiologist for this problem? What tests have been done?
Hi, he is about 22 mths old and has an average heart rate of 60bpm, the test is done with a 24hr holter monitor, before that he has a ecg and a ultra sound scan which show mild enlargement of the heart.

He didn't have any sign/symptom at all and seem to be handling his daily activities well.

The PC said that we need to monitor the situation...