Pediatric Cardiology Community
Can excerise bring on an episode of SVT?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I have SVT. My cardiologist says it is caused by an extra circuit in my heart.  have had one major episode and one minor. I usually feel unaffected when exercising, but for the past few days in track practice I feel very letharghic, have trouble catching my breathe, and experience some chest pain. These symptoms are familiar with my other episdoes, so my question is can exercise bring on an episode of SVT?
It's possible. You should not be having chest pains however. I would let your cardiologist know about that. True heart related chest pain in someone your age is EXTREMELY rare and is associated with congenital forms of heart disease or cardiomyopathies where there is a lack of blood flow to the heart muscle. Chances are the chest pain you are feeling is the forcefulness of each beat. Mention it to your doctor.