Pediatric Cardiology Community
Crazy Ped Cardiologist

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Crazy Ped Cardiologist

My 7 year old daughter was born with PVS. She has had an episode or two of cynosis and fainting in the ast but was very young. We have seen the same cardiologist for years. Recently she has been complining of sharp cramping chest pains. The pains come and go and do not last very long but are intermittent throughout the day for 4 days. I called her Cardiologist and as usual he seems unconcearned. I am trying to determine what is the best option for her at this point. I feel like this is leading to something more serious and the doctors treat me as if I am a CRAZY mother. They say that the feel like it has nothing to do with her condition. What do I do???
Hello and welcome to our site! I am not sure what the PVS stands for, if you could explain that, it would probably help. The first thing that you need to understand is that true heart related chest pain in children, even with heart disease, is EXTREMELY rare and usually only found in children who have blood restrictions to the heart muscle itself such as children who suffer from cardiomyopathies, or primary heart muscle diseases. This type of pain is never a stabbing type of pain, it is an aching type of pain and is relieved when activity is stopped. This may be one of the primary reasons the PC is dismissing your fears. Even the description of what is actually going on over the four days is not typical of heart related chest pain, it is more indicative of muscle, ligament or cartiledge issues. I would probably consider calling her regular pediatrician and having him take a look at what is going on. It may help you to understand better how to help her. She may be having premature beats which may make her feel uncomfortable, some children describe the feeling as having chest pain or we as parents assume it to be chest pain because of our own knowledge about things like angina or heart attacks. You are her mother and you have every right to be concerned about your little one. Call her pediatrician.