Kawasaki and Post-dialtion Artery Treatment
Hi there,

My daughter was diagnosed with full blown kawasaki syndrome on July 25, 2010. It was an awful experience to go through.  She still continues to have artery dilation on both arteries. What would be the safest thing to do as far as having her dilated arteries checked? how often throughout the first year? every month or 3 months, extc??
Thank you! This is very helpful to us.

Mara
Hello and welcome to our site. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and for what you have been going through. In the absence of a giant coronary artery aneurysm follow-up echoes can be done every 6-8 weeks and up to 6-12 months after a patient develops Kawasaki. If there is significant abnormalities with the heart, they would probably do the echoes more often. The echoes are really the safest way of checking the arteries; sometimes a cath needs to be done instead. Hope this helps. have you talked to your daughter's pediatric cardiologist about this? How old is your daughter?