Pediatric Cardiology Community
LVH and ASD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

LVH and ASD

Any connection. My dtr has ASD and the EKG shows possible LVH. I have heard LVH is not definitive on an EKG.
Tags: LVH
Hello and welcome to the site. LVH can be diagnosed on the EKG if it is severe enough. It shows up as tall R-Waves and if severe enough as inverted T-Waves which is referred to as "Strain". If an EKG is done and shows this, an Echo should be done by a pediatric center (or pediatric cardiologist) that specializes in LVH. Usually a University Pediatric Hospital is a good place to go as this is very rare in children and those centers are usually where these children are seen and cared for. The Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic are two of the top centers for this disease in this country. My daughter was seen at the University of Michigan's C.S. Motts Children's Hospital. Take care