Pediatric Cardiology Community
My Baby Boy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

My Baby Boy

Are you able to do surgery on a 3 week old baby with Congenital Cardiomyopathy Pulmonary Stenosis Ventricular Septal Hypertrophy Severe RVOT Obstruction. I need answers will my baby live can he be fixed. Please help me. his loving mother Rachael
these are serious forms of heart disease and no one on here is really qualified to answer your question. What has the cardiologist told you and have they mentioned surgery or are you just asking if surgery would correct the problems your baby has?
They have told me they will only put a Shunt in the top chamber of his heart to keep it open to let more blood flow through. We are waiting for Chromosome results, before they can do anything. Is there anyone I can get in contact with over there that would be able to help me please.
You might want to see if you can contact: Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Texas. Also try writing on here on the Doctor's Forum Pediatric Heart.
Rachael, I know you are devastated and that’s why you have turned to this forum to get some answers. But I think it’s best that you get these answers from qualified specialists. If you want a second opinion, you can get in touch with the Jersey Shore University Medical Center. They have a panel of doctors who specialize in pediatric cardiology and should be able to guide you.
Please visit:http://www.jerseyshoreuniversitymedicalcenter.com/JSUMC/findaphysician/SpecialtyListing.cfm?s=Pediatric%20Cardiology