Pediatric Cardiology Community
PLZ REP Y DAUGHTER HAS A HOLE IN HEART

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

PLZ REP Y DAUGHTER HAS A HOLE IN HEART

my 8 weeks old daughter was always sweaty during feeds, i went to the doc he checked her heart murmur with a sthethoscope but said everything is fine and he heard no murmur, well i insisted for an echo and when the echo was done the docs told that she had a tiny apical muscular VSD left to right shunt, he said that no medicine is req as it might close on its own and tola that i should get her checked after 6 months again...impression of my baby's echo report is following:

situs solitus
levocardia
normal pulmonary venous connection
AV and VA concordance
normally related great arteries
small PFO
tiny apical muscular VSD lt to rt shunt
LA and LV volume overload
valves normal
no AR
normal aortic arch

plz tell me what the rpt means and will she heal on her own??? her birth weight was 3.1 kgs and at 8 weeks she is 4.5 kg.. is the gain normal??
Tags: Baby, Heart
Hello and welcome to this site. You probably would be better served to ask this question on the Pediatric EXPERT Forum for pediatric cardiology. There are doctors on that forum which can answer your question.