Pediatric Cardiology Community
Perimembranous VSD size 3.5 mm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Perimembranous VSD size 3.5 mm

Dear DR,

I am Mohammed i have a new born baby only 23 days we found that he is having Perimembranous VSD size 3.5 mm L-R shunt PG 37 mm Hg. and No PS, No AS, Normal Aortic arch, No coarct, No PDA and Good cardiac function. i would liket to ask is its VSD effect my child growth or health. If there is any medication for this or this hole will close automaticaly when the baby get growth. It's kindly requesting you to please advice me what are all defects for this.

Waiting for your reply

Regards,

Mohammed
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am not a doctor but some holes will close on their own, some that are very large need to be corrected surgically.. my son's had to be surgically corrected  i am not sure if there is a size amount that is set to say yes to surgery, my son's was 10mm.  he wasn't thriving at all not growing or gaining weight.  
i on the other hand have a hole in the upper part of my heart that has never closed, i am 40 and I am normal size for my age and well lets leave the weight part out.. :) i never had a problem growing up with height or weight though.
I hope you can get some answers good luck with your  little one
Blank
my five month baby affected down syndrom (syndrome) doctor see to echo result 3.5mm heart disease
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...