Pediatric Cardiology Community
Recently Started Running..Heart doesn't feel right
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recently Started Running..Heart doesn't feel right

I am a 15 year old male who recently started running for my high school track team.  I am about 2 months into my training and I had not ever exercised so strenously before.  Recently, however, I sometimes get heart palpatations at night and very minor chest pains (I would call them sores more than pains really).  The best way to explain it I guess would be that I am constantly aware of my heart and am always feeling something not quite right, whether it be a palpatation or a slight pain or heaviness.  My heart rate and pressure seem to be fine.  Is this something I should be worried about enough to stop my training (which is very important to me by the way)?  My suspicion is Athlete's Heart although from what I read there are usually no symptoms for that.  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think to reassure youself it would probabaly be wise, safe and reassuring for you to visit the doctor and get it checked out. He will  advise you and if necessary refer you on for further tests. Its better to be safe than sorry and then hopefully all being well you can really enjoy your athletics.

All the best

K

Blank
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi, this is a good question for the pediactric cardiology expert forum.  I think you should try posting it there.  Good luck.
Blank
Soreness is usually a muscle related problem. Athletic's Heart is something totally different from what you are describing. This form of heart problem isn't a heart problem at all. When a person does heavy workouts, the muscles of the body and heart both thicken. Sometimes this is called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy which is a mistake; in HCM only SOME of the heart wall is thick, not ALL of the walls like in Athletic's Heart. Make an appointment to see the doctor, it may help sort things out for you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...