Pediatric Cardiology Community
Severity of Pulmonary Stenosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Severity of Pulmonary Stenosis?

I am currently 35 wks pregnant and have already had an echo on the babys heart previous and it came back normal, Now today I was just at the Dr's for an ECHO on the babys heart again and they have found a thickness in the right valve and have called it Pulmonary Stenosis.

I would have normally asked this question at the DRS but I didnt realize at the time it was actually as severe as it was, I didnt know it was a birth defect, I also didn't know it would never go back to normal.
The Dr told me it has a 25% blockage which means that the blood flow is 75% instead of 100%, thats where my question lies... Is this a SEVERE case of Pulmonary Stenosis?

After readinf numerous pages on the internet and googling my brain out on here I have found that there is mild-severe cases of this disorder, BUT one website said in most cases if diagnosed in the womb it is usually a severe case and requires the balloon surgery.

I am rather boggled, confused, saddened & frustrated I guess.
Thank you
Melissa