Subaortic membrane
Do you have any information on per cutaneous balloon catheterization for Subaortic membrane opposed to OHS?
There is a study from Spain with 25 years of follow up and decent results.
My daughter had OHS for sever CoA, vsd and asd at 6 days old. Balloon for recoarc at 3 months
For the past year and a half they have been watching the membrane and her echo gradient is 46 which has been about the same for a year and a half. Trivial valve leak. I am hoping for an alternative because she is tiny 29lbs and 38inches at 3.5 yrs old. I also am concerned of the seemingly high recurrence rate
Do you know an institutions in the US doing this procedure?
Hello and welcome to our site. I'm sorry to say that I cannot answer your question on this particular site as it is a support site. Ask your question on the Pediatric Cardiology EXPERT Forum here on MedHelp. The doctors from the #1 children's hospital here in the US will answer your questions. This is Children's Hospital of Philidelphia (CHOP); if this type of surgery can be done anywhere, this would probably be the place to go. There are also a number of other very qualified children's hospitals around the country: Texas Children's Hospital in Houston Texas and C.S. Motts Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor Michigan are also a couple more. Take care