Pediatric Cardiology Community
Toddler pauses in heart beat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Toddler pauses in heart beat

My son is 20 months old and has had many health issues due to delay in myelination in his brain. He was also diagnosed with moderate Atrial Septal Defect when he was 6 weeks old. Last June he was discharged from the cardiologist who said the ASD was down to 2mm's and that it should close up the rest of the way by itself. He's always had apneas and on his last monitor download it shows his heart beating very irregular at times. It's having 2 and 3 second pauses causing his apnea monitor to go off. Of course I'm having to wait for a doctor to call back...so I'm wondering if anyone knows what might cause something like this? Could it be from his ASD even though he hasn't had this problem from it in the past? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hello and welcome to this group. It would not be fair to you to have me try and answer your question here on this site as your son also has other medical issues which may or may not affect him with his present issues. We do have an Expert Pediatric Forum here on MedHelp; try posting your question over on that site and a doctor will send you a reply. Take care. If you need family support or just need to talk or vent, please come back on our site and we will help you. Take care
Thanks :) I've posted on every forum including the experts that I could.