Tricuspid Regurgitation from VSD
Our daughter was born with a small ASD and large VSD, but the VSD has been closing due to TV tissue. However, her last echo now shows that she has developed trivial/mild TV regurgitation. Is this something that could continue to get worse as she gets older (shes only 8 months old)? Her VSD is now small, but we were also warned that the highest chance of closure was the first 6 months of life.
Trivial and mild leaking of the valves generally is not anything to worry about. It may get a bit worse over time and I'm sure her following echoes, if that is what she is to have, will show any questionable changes. if the VSD is contineing to decrease in size, that's a good thing. Some babies it can take a bit longer and maybe that is the case with your little one. Just give her more time. take care
Is the leaking something that will eventually go away, or, where it's from her TV being deformed from the VSD, is it likely something she'll have for the rest of her life?
A couple weeks ago my daughter took my 23 month old grandson to the ER because of an asthma attack just to find out when an xray was done that he has a slightly enlarged heart, so his peditrician the next day ordered an EKG and the EKG  said it showed an enlatged right atrium, but said he was waiting for the cardiology report. Well when it came back all they called and told us was that the cardiologists confirmed what the EKG said, so my daughter took him back and asked the peditrician just what exactly did the cardiologists say that the EKG showed and he told her that the Cardiologists said that the EKG showed a slightly swollen valve between the right atrium and right ventricle so we take him the 27th for an echocardiogram.  We are very worried also, but the peditrician said he didn't think he has a major heart problem because he is growing good, he has plenty of energy, he loves to eat, and his color was good. we are puzzled of what can be wrong and if this type of condition can be fixed, so I can sympathize with you we are in the same boat you are in with our grandson. plus when the peditrician listens to his chest he says his heart sounds good, but when he was born he did have a heart murmur.