WPW syndrome
Myself and my father have WPW syndrome.  My daughter was monitored at a early age and we were told that she did not have the condition.  She is now 7 years old and yesterday experienced palpatations lasting 40 minutes, I took her to the hospital but they did not perform an ECG until the palpatations had stopped as she was very distressed.  The ECG was fine.  I am absolutely sure that this attack was the same as I have experienced.  Is it possible that in some cases WPW is not picked up on an ECG?  Also should I refer her again to the cardiologist? or does she need to wait until she older and having them more regularly for them to be picked up? (this is what happened to my father and myself).  Please help.
I would take her to a pediatric cardiologist; just to be on the safe side. You wrote that you had seen a cardiologist before; why was she seen before? She could be having any kind of arrhythmia. W-P-W will show up on an EKG as a short P-R Interval and a wide Q-R-S. Usually that shows up whether you have a problem or not.