What would you recommend?
I am a concerned mom of a little boy who is 9 years old who was born with a bicuspid aortic valve with mild aortic stenosis and mild to moderate aortic insufficiency.  He was started on Enalapril 2.5 mg twice a day.  He was taken off it in August becasue he had feeling that his heart was slowing down,, felt dizzy and short of breath.  Since he has been off the medication he has been feeling better.  He does complain of feeling a little tired and Short of breath.  He currently is playing hockey and has only complained of feeling tired recently and we have noticed that he plays at the level of the other kids for the first 10 minutes and then is much slower for the rest of the game. As a parent I worry about him and want to know how i am suppose to know to be concerned with him?  I have a tendency to worry about him and watch him closely.  He has had alot of complaints in the past 2 years of various types of chest pain that have been decreased to muscle wall pain.  i just don't know when I should take him to emerg or not?  
Just want to know if you can give me a pep talk and give me some more information.  His last ech measurements were LVIDd 5.0 cm, LVIDs 3.3cm, asc Aorta 2.7 cm, LVPWd 0.70cm, LVPWs1.1 cm, IVSs 1.0 cm, IVSd 0.70cm, RVDd 2.0cm, Ao V2 max; 202 cm/sec
Ao max PG: 16mmHG
Thanks for your time.

Isn't this a repeat question?
It is.  i was cutting and pasting to ask the expert and it went to the wrong spot.
Sorry.
Shelly
No problem....did you get an answer?