Pediatric Cardiology Community
coart of the aorta and cardiomyopothy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

coart of the aorta and cardiomyopothy

my son was ill when 7 months old cut long story short had pnuemonia (pneumonia) caused by enlarged heart that was not picked up. he was in intensive care for 8 weeks and put onthe transplant list lots of meds, by a miracle they found a norrowing in his aorta low on his left side that was not picked up on his echos, he then had the narrowing cut out and is now healthy 2 yr old, but is still on enalapril for high blood pressure. my new partner would like a baby and i am worried sick it will happen again especially has his family have history of heart conditions including my partner who needs a new aortic valve replacement, can the above happen again thanks.
Some types of cardiomyopathies are genetic in nature. See a genetisist if you are concerned about this.