Pediatric Cardiology Community
dextrocardia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

dextrocardia

this is in regard to my 5 year daughter..yest when we took one xray because of cough then only they detected that she is having dextocardia..she is not having any problem upto this age..my delivery was normal even i didn't take any medication during the pregnancy period..in our fly history also nobody is having any problem like this..i consulted a dr he told there is no problem only thing is she is having dextocardia.her heartbeat is ok and she is not having problem by gods grace..so pls let me know if i want to take her for any further check up..why this would happened for her..
I wouldn't worry about this at all. It just means that her heart tips to the right instead of the left. It's really no big deal. On the EKG her Lead One will face downward instead of up so the techs need to be aware of that, otherwise they are going to think the leads were put on backwards. Let your 5 year old play to her heart's content!!