Pediatric Cardiology Community
enlarged inferior vena cava
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

enlarged inferior vena cava

My son is 14, CT scan found an enlarged inferior vena cava.  He is 5'8 at 148 lbs.  It is stated to be twice the size of an overweight grown man.  Can this be repaired?  Is it life threatening?  Please return to me as much information you may have about this. Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What has your pediatric cardiologist say. I can tell you that about 95% of children with heart disease can be helped either surgically or with medications and go on to live perfectly healthy lives. Only 5% have no treatments short of transplant. I would say that odds are in your favor.
Blank
The cardiologist didnt say anything about it being a heart disease.  He just ran an ekg and stated that my son's heart was functioning normal and this enlargement is normal for a child who has had several surgeries.  Are you seriously telling me that my son has a heart disease? What steps do i need to take now.  what tests need to be ran.
Blank
I also found that it is also considered a type of anuerysm. could this also be true.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...