Aa
A
A
Close
fetal heart block.Please help
i am 21 weeks preg and had a visit with a perinatal clinic.where the dr detected a heart rate of 149 bpm with a low ventricular rhytm of 55-60 bpm everything else being normal.He said its a fetal heart block.they sent my blood for antibody test and the result came positive for SSA and negative for SSB.Is there a possibility that the baby will be born with a normal heart rate.i didnt get to speak with the dr in detail abt this.i checked over net where i found there are types of AV block first second and third degree.which type is my babies heart block?can everything turn normal.Is there a possibility.can i not have a healthy baby in my life.i am totally worried.but very positive that my baby will be fine.please help
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The fact that they have discovered this is good. There's really no way to determine what the degree  of heart block is and whether it is a Left Bundle, Right Bundle or AV Node block without looking at an EKG. If the block is significant enough your baby would have a pacemaker implanted and go on to a normal life. Your child is not going to be a cardiac cripple, if that is what you are asking. Pacemakers last on average and depending on how often they fire, about 10 years. After that a new battery is placed and you are good to go for about another 10 years. If you have a son, contact sports would be frowned on because the pacemaker wires sit close to the skin and could be broken.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank