Pediatric Cardiology Community
help plz need opinions!!??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

help plz need opinions!!??

My daughter 3 was born with ASD & VSD at 2weeks old. She was life flighted to a children's hospital at a month old where I almost lost her. She went to the cardiolgist after her 2nd bday an I was told she still has VSD an ASD but not go bk until she was 4. I feel she needs to see the dr again because of symptoms I see. She sometimes gets short of breath or really tired quickly I listen to her heart an the sound hasn't changed since I found out. She woke up this morning telling me that she don't feel good and has had a fever all day no matter what I give her or do to help it go away. It works for a little bit but comes right bk. She has a Dr appt tommorow afternoon but Idk if I should wait that long her breathing is kinda fast I hear no wheezing.
do what you feel is right..its not some sniffling cold that doctors can fob you off with...its a genuine concern for your daughters health...doctors arent always right. i know from personal experience.... not that they are wrong always wrong either..they also human like the rest of us...but if your not happy..say so.
Hello and welcome to our site.I apologize for not answering you before now; I have been out of town and just returned home. How is your little one doing now? You mentioned her being short of breath; is that all the time or while she is running a fever and is sick. If it is the latter then it is probably due to her being sick; either way she should be checked out. Are you going to be seeing the pediatric cardiologist soon?
Good afternoon, I ended up taking her to the er an we found out she had a kidney infection my poor baby :'(. She's doing wonderful now happy as can be. I last to her to her cardio Dr at age 2 an was told not to bring her back in until she was age 4 she is 3 now I am actually going to make an appt just to make sure everything is ok.
Glad to hear that it was not a heart issue going on; keep in touch and let us know how you are all doing! :)
Hi,my daughter was also born with ASD/ VSD defect, she had hers repaired successflly at 7 months old. From about the age of 4 months old she was on diuretics to take the pressure off her heart. Has your daughter been prescribed anything similar? They helped with the breathlessness.