Pediatric Cardiology Community
how to choose dr. to perform rf ablation for svt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

I posted this in the ask a Dr. Forums but thought I might seek help here as well.  
My 10yo son has SVT, local ped cardio group recommends rf ablation to be done locally.  They tell me it is low risk, almost "common", etc. but recommended ped cardio ep doc does less than 50 ablations annually.After some research, I conclude that the most important criteria in choosing who to perform the procedure is volume of cases.  Am I correct?  I have the ability and willingness to travel anywhere and get my son someplace that does lots and lots of these procedures.  Can you think of any reason I shouldn't travel out of my state to seek a doc with more experience?  Will a highly experienced ped cardio ep doc be willing to take my son's case from out of state even though it is "common"?  Or would they prefer to take something more interesting and less routine?  

When considering any suggestions you may be gracious enough to give, please pretend that my brilliant 10yo boy will change the future course of history for the greater good of all mankind.  : )  I mean, this is my beloved kid we're talking about, and won't finding the right doc minimize the complication risks as much as possible?  Thank you, thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly answer.
I just saw this over here I responded to your question on the doctor's side. I hope my post helps a little, I am sure nothing is really going to make you feel good until the surgery is over. we all feel the same when our kids have to have surgery.
I really want to wish him luck, as I have a healthy 10 year old son, but his little 5 year old brother has cardiac issues.
oops I hit the submit button accidentally.
We took Chris to Childrens' hospital in Boston and the surgeon was great, actually we have been there several times for procedures and open heart and never got to meet the doctors until the day before.
Good luck and let us know when he has to go
michelle