Pediatric Cardiology Community
in need of some help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

in need of some help

I have a four year old daughter diagnosed at birth with a hole in her heart. (i do not know where yet) Toronto sicks kids said it should close on its own. She just recently went for a follow up echo and it showed mild tricuspid regurgitation. Is this the same thing she had at birth or something new. Do they call this valve disorder a hole in the heart. Will it correct itself over time or worsen. Should or could anything be done to prevent further problems. Thank you and please any help would be great.
Most holes in  the heart close on their own. some never do and othrs need repair, as my sons did. hopefully your daughters will close on its own. If the doctor feel it will, then most likely it will.  as far as the tricuspid regurgitation. according to Chris' cardiologist everyone in their life gets this it comes and goes.(as long as it is mild) Chris' has shown up only once on an echo and he just turned 5 years.  I would say this is normal and it is not the same thing as the hole in the heart.
good luck to you and your daughter
michelle