Pediatric Cardiology Community
is this normal for a child
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is this normal for a child

my daughter is 7 years old she weighs 54 pounds and 119 cm tall she recently had a ecgocardiogram i am hoping someone can tell e if the results are mormal
lv dd 4.04cm lvsd 2.46cm pwd 0.45cm is 0.51 cm fractional shortening 39%
thankyou
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and welcome to our site. Have you been to see a pediatric cardiologist with your daughter yet? The measurements seem like they are too high to me which would mean that the walls of her heart muscle are too thick. This is ONLY a possibility; someone sent you for the echo in the first place. Why did they send you for that test?
Blank
hi thankyou for replying my daughter had dilated cardiomyopathy it has now gone she is not on medication and not being followed up br a cardiologist she had the echo and was seen by a dr who said it was fine and she would not need any follow up im am looking for a 2nd opinion on this thankyou
Blank
Hello again. Something isn't right here. Dilated cardiomyopathies don't just go away, none of the cardiomyopathies do. I would certainly be looking for a good second opinion preferably from a good children's hospital where there is a good cardiology department. Take care
Blank
thankyou for your help my dr is telling me that cardiomyopathy can go on its own my daughter was on alot of medication as she was in heart failure after a year the dr said her heart had a good function and took her of the medication and told me the dilated cardiomyopathy had gone he saw her one more time for a echo with the results above said she was fine and discharged her from cardiac care thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...