is this normal for a child
my daughter is 7 years old she weighs 54 pounds and 119 cm tall she recently had a ecgocardiogram i am hoping someone can tell e if the results are mormal
lv dd 4.04cm lvsd 2.46cm pwd 0.45cm is 0.51 cm fractional shortening 39%
thankyou
Hello and welcome to our site. Have you been to see a pediatric cardiologist with your daughter yet? The measurements seem like they are too high to me which would mean that the walls of her heart muscle are too thick. This is ONLY a possibility; someone sent you for the echo in the first place. Why did they send you for that test?
hi thankyou for replying my daughter had dilated cardiomyopathy it has now gone she is not on medication and not being followed up br a cardiologist she had the echo and was seen by a dr who said it was fine and she would not need any follow up im am looking for a 2nd opinion on this thankyou
Hello again. Something isn't right here. Dilated cardiomyopathies don't just go away, none of the cardiomyopathies do. I would certainly be looking for a good second opinion preferably from a good children's hospital where there is a good cardiology department. Take care
thankyou for your help my dr is telling me that cardiomyopathy can go on its own my daughter was on alot of medication as she was in heart failure after a year the dr said her heart had a good function and took her of the medication and told me the dilated cardiomyopathy had gone he saw her one more time for a echo with the results above said she was fine and discharged her from cardiac care thanks