Pediatric Cardiology Community
my daughters complaining of pains in her heart
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my daughters complaining of pains in her heart

Hi can anyone help? My 5year old daughter has benn unwell with different bugs/infections since christmas and duringvthis time she has been complaining of a sore hart. When i put my hand on her chest i can feel it pounding. She describes it as her heart trying to get out of her chest. I have spoken/seen doctor 3times now about this and he said she is fine. In addition to this we were told my a different doctpr that she had a hole in her heart when she was a baby. This was because she kept turning blue. We were reffered to hospital and although no testss/scans done we got told she was fine. The pains are still happening. Should i get this checked again and what could this be?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4848134_tn?1360123266
Either go to the hospital when it gets to the point she says something about it, or go to your doctor and DEMAND proper testing get done! You have the right to keep your daughter safe and healthy. Request they do an ultrasound of her chest and heart, and the possibility of an arteriogram. It is best to take care of her now, when she is young, then find out down the road that this is serious and life-threatening.
Blank
I wrote to you in the above posting.
Blank
An echo of the heart will not show arrhythmia issues and neither would an angiogram which is really never done on young children; those are adult tests. An EP Study where the electrical tract can be looked at is a possibility, but they also do not do those on young children. Arrhythmias are difficult to catch even under the best circumstances so an Event Monitor is probably their best choice as it is not invasive on such a young child. Take care and welcome to this site.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank