need pro bono cardiologist
I just returned from a mission trip to Central Asia and met an amazing woman.  She and her husband pastor several house churches in a major Muslim area.  She has a 15 yr old son (one of twin boys) who was born with a hole in his heart.  Her doctor told her at his diagnosis "not to worry" and that it would close on its own.  Unfortunately, that did not happen, and as he is approaching adulthood, his heart isn't keeping up.  She took him to a physician when he collapsed at school and was brought home with blue lips... long story short, the surgery can be done there for $10K.  I realize this is a drop in the bucket by American standards, but it might as well be a million as they are totally without any financial resources.  I can raise the money to bring him here - but then what?  How do I find medical help for this boy?  I live a few hours from St. Louis, but I do have lots of friends all over the States who could help.  I can handle post-op care.  Is there any pro bono help for children from 3rd world countries?  Any feedback would sure be appreciated.  Thank you!  Angela N
Any hospital in the United States would provide him with treatment on a walk-in basis.
Hello and welcome to our site. I will PM you with some information.