Pediatric Cardiology Community
svt in fetus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pediatric Cardiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

svt in fetus

my child diagnosed with svt in utero. I am 35 weeks pregnant.Will they be able to determine what type of svt this is?How will they do this?Do the treatments differ according to type?Thank you for any information.
Related Discussions
Hello, welcome to our forum. I am sure you are very concerned about the news of your new baby having SVT. The initials SVT stands for Supra (meaning above the ventricles) Ventricular Tachycardia ( a heart rate greater than 100 per minute) All combined it means that your baby's heart rate is faster than would be expected and that the rates are starting and staying in the upper chambers of the heart. The most common cause for this is a congenital (meaning present at birth) electric disorder known as Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome.When your baby is born, he/she will have an EKG run and will more than likely be put onto a monitor. There are drugs that can slow the heart rate down if need be. Eventually, as your child gets older, if the drugs do not keep any arrhythmias in check, than an electrical study (EP Study) of the heart can be performed and the electrical tract that is causing the problem can be ablated. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatric Cardiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...